Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this newly created senior role is required to ensure that HIRANI’s organisational performance grows to deliver value to Stakeholders, the Board and its Funders. The post holder is responsible for developing and delivering strategic goals and organisational priorities including the communications and marketing programme, budgets and regionally important multidisciplinary projects; whilst providing leadership in connecting businesses to the region’s ecosystem enabling growth.
The post holder will be responsible for orchestrating strategic initiatives and building relationships to develop cross-sectoral programmes and attract investment at a regional, national and international stage as required. A strategic, long-term outlook and emphasis on delivering outcomes are essential components of the role.
This is a fixed term contract role, with funding initially until 31 August 2023.
The successful candidate must have:
- Minimum of a degree (or equivalent)
- Significant relevant management and leadership experience in the health and life science ecosystem to include:
- At least 2 sectors of academic, clinical/health, commercial or public sector
- Technical experience in life or health sciences either discovery R&D, diagnostics, med-tech, translational medicine, clinical trials, regulatory or digital health.
- A proven track record (with evidence provided) of scientific, clinical or change management experience gained at a senior level with evidence of strategic influence across organisations and proven impacts.
- Demonstrable experience of managing and controlling budgets/resources/funding and demonstrable understanding of financial management procedures.
- Experience of developing innovative solutions and playing a lead role in developing and implementing strategies (relevant to the post).
- Significant management experience and proven ability to manage or influence teams of highly motivated people.
- Demonstrable experience in managing relationships with partner organisations. Confidence in building fruitful partnerships and collaborations across either government, academia, the healthcare sector, industry and the investor community.
- A valid driving licence and access to a vehicle or ability to fulfil the mobility requirements of the post.
Monday 22 February 2021